Thursday, October 25, 2007

I dream of clear glowing skin and the desire to HAVE the desire for wheat germ.

So every now and then, I go through these weird cycles where I make a silent vow to myself that I will eat healthy, exercise and consume my 64 ounces of H2O. I was reading an article about a certain celebrity who is known for her gorgeous skin, sparkling eyes, glossy hair, and abs sharp enough to use as a carving knife. She talked about her diet of goat food(green leaves), combined with a diet of bird food (seeds and such), and lots of water. So, fueled with a burning optimism for an overnight lifestyle overhaul, I stop by at the local grocery store after work, and like a woman fueled by a mission, roll my cart military style, down aisle after aisle of grains and nuts and leaves. I even make a quick stop at 'Wild Oats' to stock up on Biotin, and raw organic oats...AND essential eucalyptus oil to sooth the soul. Because after all, a relaxed mind and meditation go hand in hand with good diet and exercise, right? As soon as I get home, I burn some eucalyptus oil, throw in a soft relaxing CD, and start making a salad. I then sigh, dreamy eyed as the soothing smell of eucalyptus starts to fill the kitchen, and the bowl of salad starts filling up with a bright colorful display of wholesome healthy goodness. 'Yes, lets throw in the walnuts...Omega 3, great! A handful of carrots...carotene, awesome! Spinach...a good source of iron, beautiful!'....and then...I am suddently reverted back to reality as my 2 year old comes into the kitchen shrieking, and making an assortment of demands which I try to meet, but all in vain. As I scoop him up and make my way to the bedroom, I notice a half eaten salad on the kitchen counter! 'There is always tomorrow', I say trying to console myself.

So dear friends...today was a start of a beautiful new day. I woke up early and during my morning commute to work, made a hasty stop at the nearest Starbucks for a Grandé Mocha, and a ginormous slice of chocolate hazelnut cake. That's what I call a healthy lifestyle overhaul, people!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, cake!
Thanks for add!
The pics on your blog are so cute!

googliboo said...

i love me a good piece of cake too!

lateshoes said...

Oh my goodness! Do I identify with this. I feel like I go through this every other day.
Ugh.

Anonymous said...

While reading the article, i could easily compare my self to the situation. Seemed to be like my everyday story, for some yrs ago.
A piece of cake once a week, does'nt do any harm to me today.
Guess i should also award myself to with a piece of cake after all the cow food i had eaten, for a week.

Anonymous said...

And yess!..Believe me, uve got a beautiful skin. I always wanted to have the same glow, u always had.

googliboo said...

Aww thanks Sameera. You're a sweetie for saying so!

And Tracy, not to worry- you sport one of the the best skins I've seen around.